BOOSTIN-S is indicated in lactating cows to increase milk production. The optimal application period will be 80 to 100 days after calving depending on the body condition of the cow and can be extended up to a month before the cow is dried. This product should only be administered to healthy dairy cows.
Boostin is an injectable long-acting bovine somatotropin used to increase milk production in well-nourished and properly managed dairy cows from the time of peak lactation to drying off.
Boostin increases the efficiency of milk production in lactating dairy cows by increasing the quantity of milk produced without altering the normal composition of milk. Bovine somatotropin is a natural protein produced by the pituitary gland and promotes the use of nutrient energy for milk production.
DOSAGE AND ROUTES OF ADMINISTRATION: Apply one syringe (500 mg) every 14 days. The recommended site for the administration of BOOSTIN-S is subcutaneously in the ischeo-rectal fossa, alternating the application side in each treatment (left-right). Clean and disinfect the application site. Apply preferably at room temperature. Good management and proper nutrition are recommended to obtain optimal milk production. BOOSTIN-S does not have a withdrawal period for milk or meat intended for human consumption. Store refrigerated between 2 and 8 ° C. Do not freeze. There may be transient local inflammation around the application site.
Each 2 mℓ Boostin cartridge contains 500 mg recombinant bovine somatotropin.
- Store between 2 °C and 8 °C.
- Do not freeze.
- Withdrawal period: Do not administer Boostin to dairy cows earlier than 60 days after calving. Do not administer to cows during the first lactation.
- Ensure that the injection site is clean and dry. Administer only by subcutaneous injection.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and inform the registration holder.
Warm cartridges by hand immediately before injection.
DIRECTION FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
- Administer the contents of 1 full cartridge (500 mg bovine somatotropin) subcutaneously every 14 days.
- Dispose of empty containers/cartridges and all unused contents according to local waste disposal regulations.
- Refer to the diagram below for instructions on loading the cartridge into the injector.