Indications for Use:
Chondroprotec (polysulfated glycosaminoglycan) is a sterile solution used for wounds, secreting and bleeding dermal lesions, 1st and 2nd degree burns, pressure ulcers, surgical incisions, donor sites, venous stasis ulcers.
● Partial and Full Thickness Wounds
● Secreting and Bleeding Dermal Lesions
● 1st and 2nd Degree Burns
● Pressure Ulcers (Stages I-IV)
● Surgical Incisions
● Donor Sites
● Venous Stasis Ulcers
Directions For Use:
1. Irrigate wound with normal saline solution.
2. Either pour contents of vial or dispense from syringe to withdraw solution and cover wound site.
3. Cover with a non-adherent dressing such as PUF (polyurethane film) or Telfa. Note: Subsequent applications of Chondroprotec can be injected through the dressing as to not disturb the wound bed.
4. Reapply daily and redress wound site every 5-7 days or as needed.
Store at a temperature between 15°-30°C (59°F – 86°F).
Protect from freezing. Discard unused portion.
A proteoglycan’s function is to soak up water, thus creating a plump soft cushion, sort of like a water bed, to absorb the pressure exerted on the joint as it works. A proteoglycan molecule looks something like a bottlebrush: it has a long handle (the “proteo” part) and long bristles called glycosaminoglycans (or GAGs) that soak up the water.