Oxytetracycline is a bacteriostatic, time-dependent tetracycline antibiotic with a broad spectrum of activity against many Gram-positive and Gram-negative aerobes. It is not effective against Proteus spp. or Pseudomonas spp. There is activity against some anaerobes, but efficacy against Clostridium spp. is variable. Intracellular organisms are highly susceptible. Distribution is wide, except to the central nervous system. Oxytetracycline undergoes entero-hepatic recycling and is primarily excreted in urine.
SUPER L-ETICINA is eliminated via the urinary tract. It is the antibiotic of choice in cases of: Acute, subacute and chronic mastitis. Arthritis, laminitis, bursitis, myositis, and eye infections. Respiratory and urogenital infections. Dermatitis, allergy and urticaria. Brucellosis, pa-teurellosis, and diphtheria of calves. Wounds Actinobacillosis, anaplasmosis, and babesiosis. For the treatment of pasteurellosis, erysipellosis, leptospirsis, metritis and mastitis in pigs. In cattle for the treatment of anasplasmosis, pasteurella pneumonia, infectious pneumonitis, gabarro and actinomycosis.
- Treatment of anaplasmosis (Anaplasma phagocytophilum), Potomac Horse Fever (Neorickettsia risticii), and Lyme Disease (Borrelia burgdorferi).
- Treatment of proliferative enteropathy in foals caused by Lawsonia intracellularis.
DOSAGE: 1 mL per 10 kg of body weight (equivalent to 15 mg per kg of body weight of oxytetracycline HCl).
- Oxytetracycline has poor oral bioavailability.
- Rapid IV administration can result in hypotension and collapse or renal tubular necrosis.
- Oxytetracycline is also used for the treatment of flexural limb deformity in foals due to its non-antimicrobial effects, including attenuation of matrix metalloprotease activity, anti-fibrotic effects, anti-collagenase effects, and anti-inflammatory effects.
ROUTE OF ADMINISTRATION: Deep intramuscular.
WARNINGS: Do not consume the milk of treated animals until 5 days after its last application. Do not consume meat from treated animals until 30 days after the last treatment. Do not administer in allergic animals. Do not administer in females.
SUPER L-ETICINA –
- Oxytetra 100mg/ml injectable suspension
- Oxytetra 200 mg/ml injectable suspension