Surpass Topical Cream is used for the control of pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis in the hock, knee, fetlock and pastern joints in horses. This Topical Cream contains 1% diclofenac sodium. The recommended dosage of Surpass Topical cream is a 5″ ribbon applied twice daily over the affected joint for up to 10 days. Wear rubber gloves to prevent absorption into the hands. Direct contact with the skin should be avoided. Surpass should be rubbed thoroughly into the hair covering the joint until it disappears. One tube will normally treat one horse for 10 days. Diclofenac sodium.
Prescription-strength it offers veterinarians a simple, unique topical delivery that horse owners can apply themselves.
- The only FDA-approved topical application in horses for the control of pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis (OA) in hock, knee, fetlock, and pastern joints in horses.
- SURPASS topical cream is white to pinkish-white and is packaged in 124 gram trilaminate tubes.
For topical use in horses only. Wear gloves to prevent absorption into the hands. Direct contact with the skin should be avoided. If contact occurs, the skin should be washed immediately with soap and water.
Treatment with cream should be terminated if signs such as inappetence, colic, fecal abnormalities, anemia or depression are observed.
The systemic effects of excess diclofenac doses that exceed the recommended label amount and duration have not been evaluated. The safety of this cream has not been investigated in breeding, pregnant or lactating horses, or in horses under one year of age. Please consult the label for full product information.
- Ease of application maximizes client compliance.
- SURPASS is a unique topical NSAID that provides pain relief directly at the site of inflammation.
- The unique WISDOM liposomal delivery technology of SURPASS helps enhance local absorption of the active ingredient at the site of inflammation.